Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Baby To Love

In the last month Reed and Joy told us that we are going to be blessed with another child in the family. WOW!! I have never loved another person the way I love Vicki, she is the one true love of my life. In November of 1983, Quinn was born and I discovered a love that I never knew existed. That feeling only increased when Reed and Kelsey came into our lives. Raising children and being busy parents was the greatest time of our lives. We were so busy that the years just flew by, and now we find ourselves near being "empty nesters". Then what happens....AUDREY!! As previously blogged, she has simply changed our lives by her very presence. And now, we get another beautiful child to love, Vicki and I can hardly wait!! God is so good to us. He has blessed us with wonderful, smart and successful children who make us so proud. And now we get pour ourselves into another wonderful life that God has given to this family. I firmly believe that God is raising up a generation that will take the message of Christ to people all over the world. They will speak the message of God's grace and love because they will grow up hearing that awesome message. It is so exciting to be around young parents who are filled with hope and love and will not tech their children the message of fear. I am honored to get the chance to have an impact on Audrey and our new grandchild. As I head toward fifty, I realize that one day time will catch up to me; my body will age and I will one day lose the battle of time. However, I will not go down without a fight!! I am going to do everything I can to stay here and be a part of the life of our family as long as possible. I am looking forward to being Papa (Bop as Audrey calls me) to our new gift and those that are yet to come for many years, to be at their graduations and weddings and maybe God will allow me to see their children!! I am one lucky guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment